OpenCTF was developed and tested using the following open-source tools:
- Apache Ant Pure Java build tool, simpler and easier to use than GNU Make.
- doxygen A documentation system for C++, C, Java and IDL.4
- DUnit An Xtreme testing framework for Delphi programs.
- Innosetup (c) Jordan Russel Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs.
- pas2dox Pas2Dox is a pre-processor addon for the Doxygen documentation generator.
- Subversion An open-source revision control system.
- TortoiseSVN Enables Subversion commands directly in Windows explorer.